Current Openings(By Date):
Hancock Bank (5/31/16)
SENIOR INTERNAL CONTROL ANALYST
This individual will serve as part of a team of analysts responsible for managing the Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX) program to assure that proper controls are established and tested. Position is located in New Orleans, LA.
Summary of Duties/Responsibilities
• Perform the SOX program from walkthroughs, design assessments, operating effectiveness testing, and remediation to deficiency evaluation and final reporting for a portfolio of significant processes.
• Review a subset of monthly reconciliations, score them, and work with preparers to correct deviations from policy.
• Meet with process owners to obtain an understanding of assigned processes and document the walkthrough.
• Perform and document design assessments to identify financial reporting risks and SOX key controls that mitigate the risks.
• Perform tests of key controls and analyze results.
• Coordinate and lead efforts to remediate deficiencies (design, operating or documentation) identified during testing.
• Provide direct assistance to external auditors.
• Review and score a portfolio of monthly reconciliations to ensure compliance with policy.
• Develop strong working relationships with internal management and internal and external audit.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior Management.
• Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
• CPA designation
• 3 years in Accounting, Reporting, or Auditing
• Working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
• 5+ years in Accounting, Reporting, or Auditing in a commercial bank or accounting firm
• 3 years in SOX compliance
• Comprehensive understanding of banking industry operations and processes
For a complete job description and to apply, CLICK HERE! Contact DeAnn Deason, Talent Acquisition at 504-299-5009 or email@example.com for additional information.
Posted 03/28/2016 -
Internal Audit-RA2IA - Louisiana - New Orleans - Information Technology - full-time
MRV Minimum Salary: $46,000.00
MRV Maximum Salary: $119,500
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Approved in accordance with the Entergy guidelines
Req ID: 49681
Hiring Manager: Roy E Dudenhefer
Recruiter: Steven M Mars
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
Performs planning, execution and reporting of internal audits as assigned, the compilation and maintenance of audit work papers and the collection and documentation of audit evidence sufficient to support audit conclusions.
Participate in risk assessments to identify risks and opportunities designed to improve business processes and information systems across the Company. Maintain customer relationships with members of Entergy’s management team to identify sources of risk or areas for improvement.
Perform internal audits by effectively assessing the risk area, determining extent of testing, conducting thorough fieldwork, preparing work papers in accordance with departmental and IIA standards, identifying and documenting findings, related exposures, business risk/implications and areas of potential operational improvements.
Discuss audit findings with operating personnel to verify facts and obtain background information not available in the documentation examined. Present value-added suggestions for resolution of audit findings.
Prepare formal written reports, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out, including findings and recommendations of corrective actions for deficiencies.
Perform testing of SOX 404 controls to assess internal controls over financial reporting and other financial aspects of the Company.
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum experience required of the position
Auditor I - 0-2 years’ experience in accounting, auditing or financial processes.
Auditor II - 2-4 years’ experience in accounting, auditing or financial processes.
Auditor III – 4-6 years’ experience in accounting, auditing or financial processes.
Auditor Lead and Sr. Lead - 5 years’ experience in accounting, auditing or financial processes. Experience with IIA audit standards and best practices
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Requires experience with IIA audit standards and best practices, ERM, implementation and support of Sarbanes-
Oxley 404 control program, and COSO framework, CoBit or other leading control frameworks.
• Desired Skills:
• Desired CISA or CISSP
• Experience with Microsoft Access databases in order to support and create in-house developed audit tools
• Experience with audit workpaper applications (e.g. Ideagen-Pentana, TeamMate, etc.)
• Experience with data analysis tools/languages (e.g. IDEA, ACL, R, Pandas/Numpy/Scipy, etc.)
• Experience using a scripting language to automate tasks (e.g. VBA, Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, etc.)
• Experience with SQL queries and front ends for data extraction from various ERPs and warehouses (e.g. PeopleSoft-Oracle, SAP CCS, IKW, Cognos, etc.)
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, or other professional designation desirable
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
Whitney / Hancock
Manager- Internal Audit
This position is responsible for performing and managing audits and special projects. Conducts audits for management to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations. Position can sit in New Orleans, LA or Gulfport, MS.
Summary of Duties/Responsibilities
• Primary function is to assist audit management
• Ensures reviews are cost effective and responsive to the current risk and control environment
• Properly executes audit fieldwork
• Responsible for the performance of risk assessments of assigned areas on an annual and ongoing basis
• Develops partnerships with clients by understanding their goals and deliverables, key business processes, technologies, risk management practices and areas of potential risk
• Assists in the preparation of Audit Committee material
• Stays abreast of developments in assigned areas of responsibility and the auditing profession
• Serves in a consultative role when appropriate
• Performs special projects as assigned
• Maintains a positive, team oriented attitude
• Supervises 4-5 associates
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 5 years related experience in auditing financial institutions
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in a supervisory role
• Professional designation such as a CPA, CIA, etc.
This position leads and works as a team member on audits and special projects; conducts audits for management to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations. Position can be located in either Gulfport, MS or New Orleans, LA.
Summary of Duties/Responsibilities
• Incumbent will serve as Auditor-In-Charge for various audits as assigned by management.
• Ensures reviews are cost effective and responsive to the current risk and control environment. Primary function is to assist audit management. Directly responsible for ensuring the work performed fully supports the project’s objectives and conclusions.
• Develops partnerships with clients by understanding their goals and deliverables, key business processes, risk management practices and areas of potential risk.
• Keep abreast of the latest developments in the auditing profession and assigned areas of responsibility.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration with at least 5 years of internal and/or external audit experience, preferably in Financial Services.
• Must demonstrate progress toward achieving a professional designation or industry license such as a CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.
For a complete job description and to apply, please visit www.hancockholdingcareers.com. Contact Monica Garner, Recruiting Services at 225-678-6302 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Tulane for a Senior Internal Auditor. If you or anyone you know would like to apply, please visit http://tulane.edu/jobs/ and do a search for posting IRC8305 for Senior Internal Auditor on the Harahan campus. Let me know if anyone has questions. Thanks!
Contact: Beth WIlde Wilson, - Director of Internal Audit, Tulane University
Ochsner Health System:
Ochsner Health System is southeast Louisiana's largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system with 25 hospitals owned, managed, and affiliated and over 50 health centers in Louisiana and Mississippi. Ochsner has been named the Consumer Choice for Healthcare in New Orleans for 18 consecutive years and is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a "Best Hospital" across eight specialty categories. Ochsner employs more than 16,000 employees, over 2,500 affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts over 750 clinical research studies annually.
Req. #042403 - Senior IT Auditor: https://ochsner.taleo.net/careersection/10/jobdetail.ftl?job=042403&lang=en
Ochsner Information Services (IS) Division has experienced tremendous growth with the implementation of our electronic medical record system (EMR), Epic. At Ochsner, innovation is a way of life. Our founders believed in a visionary approach to the business side of healthcare.
Growth can only be accomplished with a strong infrastructure that is scalable. If you are a visionary and thrive in a fast-paced environment where technology is highly respected and supported, then you could be the right fit.
Patient’s medical data confidentiality, integrity, and availability are keys to modern healthcare success. Ochsner Health System is implementing cutting edge products, processes and measures to help lead the industry in the secure use of data to provide better quality healthcare
Our team is looking for an intelligent and talented Sr. IT Auditor professional and if you enjoy variety, you've found your sweet spot. You'll make a positive impact from day one as part of a collaborative and committed team of expert technical peers, and will enjoy opportunities to grow toward your strengths and what interests you most.
What You Will Do
General Job Summary
• Independently performs complex level professional IT internal auditing work including, but not limited to, conducting information technology audit projects and providing related consulting services to OHS Leadership.
• Participate in operational, compliance, financial and other special request audits and investigations for all of OHS and its subsidiaries, to ensure project objectives are achieved from an integrated perspective.
• Conducts and documents interviews, performs and documents audit test work, and analyzes and presents oral and written conclusions to department and organization leadership.
• Educates and assists OHS employees and leadership in applying and improving IT internal controls to mitigate risks; leads any assisting auditors assigned to their projects and participates in scheduling and staffing assessments.
What We Seek
Education / Certifications / Licensure / Specialized Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Business Administration, or similar area of study
• CISA designation or related certification
Experience / Skills
• Four years of IT audit experience in a service or financial-based industry, with a sound understanding of ISACA’s COBIT framework
• Strong knowledge of IT internal control structures including compliance with applicable laws and regulations, business risk, effective risk management techniques, auditing, and IT governance
• Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with OHS Leadership, co-workers, external contacts, and able to work effectively and independently as well as in a professional team environment to apply IT audit principles/practices, management principles and preferred business practices
• Skills to develop audit plans and prepare clear, organized workpapers with support, in accordance with ISACA Standards and Guidelines for IS Auditing, statements and practices, and IS security and control practices
• Proficiency in assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over key IT risks, identifying significant exposures, detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness
• Adept at evaluating IT risks and controls and tests the operational effectiveness of related key controls. Documents and issues deficiencies and ensures that management remediates such deficiencies.
• Familiarity with management information systems terminology concepts and practices including:
• Distributed technology (i.e. Windows NT and following versions), Web-based technology, and related infrastructure control issues.
• System development life cycle methodologies and controls, including ongoing application change management.
• ITAM hardware and software inventory and management controls.
Education / Certifications / Licensure / Specialized Training
• MBA/MHA degree in Management Information Systems or business related field
CIA, CISSP, CPA, or related certification
Experience / Skills / Competencies
• Experience with computer assisted audit techniques and systems (i.e. ACL, MS Excel, etc.)
• IT Audit experience in assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over key IT risks, identifying significant exposures, detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.